Now accepting Telehealth appointments. Schedule a virtual visit.
Skip to main content

Motor Vehicle Accidents Specialist

Edward Carden, MD -  - Interventional Pain Management Physician

Edward Carden, MD

Interventional Pain Management Physician located in Sherman Oaks, CA

Every year 3 million Americans are injured in motor vehicle accidents, and 2 million experience permanent injuries. At his practice in Sherman Oaks, California, Edward Carden, MD, treats motor vehicle accident-related injuries such as whiplash, herniated discs, and joint damage. If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident in the Los Angeles area, call Dr. Carden for expert treatment right away.

Motor Vehicle Accidents Q&A

What are common motor vehicle accident-related injuries?

If you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident, even if you’re wearing a seat belt, your body absorbs a significant amount of force during the impact. That force can push your body through abnormal movements or bounce you around the interior of your car, both of which can cause painful injuries. 

Some of the most common injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents include:

  • Whiplash
  • Herniated discs
  • Head injuries
  • Muscle and connective tissue strains
  • Fractures
  • Knee trauma

You might also sustain a variety of cuts, bruises, and abrasions. For example, many patients experience bruising on their chest from their seat belts or scrapes on their arms or face from their airbags. While these minor injuries are uncomfortable, they’re less severe than the trauma that can occur if you don’t wear a seat belt. 

When should I talk to a doctor about a motor vehicle accident injury?

You should see Dr. Carden as soon as possible after a motor vehicle accident. When you’re involved in an accident, your body releases a flood of adrenaline — the hormone that fuels your fight-or-flight response. Adrenaline can block pain and other symptoms for hours or even days after the accident. 

However, through a comprehensive exam, X-rays, and other imaging tests, Dr. Carden can diagnose a motor vehicle accident-related injury before you have symptoms. Once he identifies an injury, he can provide treatment right away, which can reduce your overall pain and accelerate your recovery.

If you don’t see Dr. Carden soon after an accident but develop pain, stiffness, and other symptoms later, he can still provide pain-relieving treatment. In fact, if you have chronic pain from a motor vehicle accident that happened years ago, Dr. Carden can help.

How are motor vehicle accident injuries treated?

Treatment for a motor vehicle accident-related injury depends on the type and location of your injury. If you were recently involved in an accident, he might prescribe anti-inflammatories or muscle relaxants, provide a brace to immobilize your injury, or administer a corticosteroid injection. 

Older injuries or chronic accident-related pain might require different treatment. Dr. Carden provides a comprehensive range of interventional pain management treatments, including:

  • Joint injections
  • Spinal injections
  • Trigger point injections
  • Radiofrequency ablation
  • Intrathecal pain pumps
  • Spinal cord stimulation

Whether you were in an accident earlier today or days, months, or years ago, call Dr. Carden for expert, personalized care for motor vehicle accident injuries.